Alyssa Rosenheck Design and style: Mel Bean + Bailey Austin
Up for a incredibly easy weekend venture? Believe that it or not, you can make your personal banquette out of stock kitchen cabinets, a couple of two-by-fours, and a cozy cushion. Full the search with an assortment of graphic and strong-coloured throw pillows.
See under for action-by-action recommendations from Allie Mann of Situation Architects & Remodelers to get started on your banquette.
- Speed sq.
- Measuring tape
- Nail or screw gun with trim nails or trim screws
- 2×4 lumber material (amount of money will count on the dimensions of the banquette)
- 1×4 lumber material (amount of money will count on the dimensions of the banquette)
- 1×2 lumber material (amount of money will count on the dimensions of the banquette)
- Window sill material
- ¼” thick birch plywood
- ¾” thick birch plywood
- Construction glue
- Circular saw
- Stock wall cabinets, 12” tall and 12” deep, width depending on place.
How to Establish the Banquette
- Establish wanted dimensions of banquette seating (stock cabinets arrive in 3” increments, so if you intend to use the banquette for storage, retain this in head). The cabinets ought to not sit restricted wall-to-wall. There ought to be a filler or piece of trim involving the box of the cupboard and the wall to let for the door to open.
- Frame the platform of the bench employing the 2×4 lumber material.
- Frame a knee wall or partial wall at cupboard peak to connect the cupboard employing the 2×4 lumber material.
- Secure bench body to wall, together with knee wall and cabinetry, employing nail or screw gun.
- Cut the ¼ ” birch plywood on round saw to wrap the toe kick place (this will be painted afterwards).
- Cut the ¾” birch plywood on the round saw for the wooden top. When measuring the plywood top, let a ¾” overhang in front of the cupboard door this would be a one.5” overhang from the genuine cupboard box.
How to Establish the Banquette Wall Trim
- Following, evaluate, slash, and utilize a piece of ¼ birch plywood to the wall—the length of the bench—using your finish screws and glue. The piece of plywood and bench jointly ought to finish 48” tall above the finish floor, producing the plywood piece all over 30– 32” tall.
- Following, utilize a 1×4 horizontal piece to produce the rectangular box above the bench at the top and bottom of the plywood piece.
- Measure, slash, location, and connect the 1×4 vertical parts on the plywood with screw or nail gun. Be certain the wainscot rectangles mimic the same width as these on the bench cupboard if achievable. These rectangles you are generating on the wall will likely be involving 18” – 24” huge.
- End top of the wainscot rectangle with the window sill trim material or the 1×2 lumbar (measured, slash, and nailed in location).
- Caulk and putty any seams, gaps, fill holes, etcetera.
- Sand, key, and paint the plywood.
A model of this attribute appeared in the July/August 2020 issue of Very good Housekeeping.
This material is developed and taken care of by a third party, and imported on to this site to help consumers present their e mail addresses. You may be in a position to discover far more information and facts about this and similar material at piano.io
This commenting segment is developed and taken care of by a third party, and imported on to this site. You may be in a position to discover far more information and facts on their website web page.